- Orange marmalade, lemon curd and other citrus spreads are wonderful as a chicken glaze- Put in a half cup of very hot water and cover, shake well. You can also add a half cup of orange juice. Season your chicken and pour the glaze over it.
- Berry jam ice pops using jams and jellies- This was one of my favorite thrifty treats as a kid. Put a 1/4 cup of instant dry milk powder in the jar and add a cup of very hot water, cover,shake well and pour into ice pop molds or ice cube trays. If you're using ice cube trays, cover with plastic wrap and poke toothpicks through the plastic wrap for sticks.
- Make a cup of beef or chicken boullion, pour into a sour cream container, cover and shake well. Pour over noodles.
- Mix 1 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp. Worcestershire and 1/4 cup vinegar. pour into ketchup bottle and shake well. Serve over leftover rice and meatballs for a quick lunch.
- Cherry jellies, jams and preserves, apple butter and apple sauce work great on pork chops as a glaze. Mix with hot water or hot water and vinegar if you like a vinegar tang.
- 1/2 cup hot water and 2 Tbs of instant dry milk in a peanut butter jar to make a peanut sauce to add to strawberry smoothies- one of my daughter's ideas!
- Pumpkin butter OR Nutella plus 1/2 cup-1 cup hot water and a 1/4 cup instant dry milk, cover and shake well to make a great ice cream sauce.
- Spaghetti sauce jar and a cup of water- add to ramen for cooking! Top with cheese.
- 1/4-1/2 cup hot water or a mix of hot water and vinegar with salad dressings, serve over hot vegetables or use as a marinade for grilling.
Feel free to add your own bottom of the jar tricks in comments!